65hm167 dlp tv , need help with troubleshooting

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
mcmjspitz
Contributor
Contributor

65hm167 dlp tv , need help with troubleshooting

Postby mcmjspitz » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:38 am

I replaced the lamp, because of (bad lamp) light, I still have no picture, I hear two clicks, then it sounds like the color wheel starts up( high pitched whirr). It goes through this cycle about ten times, then l get the lamp bad light and message again, any help is greatly appreciated, also, I saw on here where my tv menu should still come up, it doesn't , no menu, no picture at all, I also checked that the lamp door switch is working. Thanks

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: 65hm167 dlp tv , need help with troubleshooting

Postby grayfox » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:27 pm

Hello,

Because of that high pitched whirling sound I am willing to bet it is time to replace the colorwheel. What is happening is that once a fault in the colorwheel is detected by the dmd, it is cutting the power supply to the ballast and hence not powering up the lamp. Unfortunately one has to know this since even though the color wheel is a consumable part sold online everywhere, there is no "colorwheel error light" on the TV...

I can suggest you take the back cover off and physically inspect the colorwheel, depending on how tech savvy you are.. I hope this helps!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Toshiba DLP Discussion”