Samsung DLP HLR5067WAX/XAA

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
FalconFred

Postby FalconFred » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:28 am

Power on, Lamp light (front display), Standby flickers (front display) for a second, then Standby does not flicker anymore (front display), then the Lamp light only (front display) continues to blinks after that, then the Lamp light (front display) turns off, then after that then it goes to Standby/Temp (front display).

Here are the steps.

1. Power, TV clicks on.

2. Lamp lights in the back.

3. Color Wheel I can hear spin up down and up twice (it seems like) and spins.

4. Get illumination on the screen from the lamp.

5. No sound (start up tone) or Menu.

Thank you for your help,

Fred.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Samsung DLP HLR5067WAX/XAA

Postby grayfox » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:17 am

Hello,

Thanks for the detailed description,

To me it sounds like your colorwheel is in need of replacement, but before you go into opening up your TV when was the last time you replaced the lamp and was it with a Philips original lamp?

I am getting a lot of clients come in with counterfeit lamps installed and they cause all sorts of problems.!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Postby appleads » Thu May 07, 2015 3:45 pm

Sure sounds like an issue with the color wheel. It has to achieve a required RPM before the set will turn on. This L6 chassis is easy to remove (3 plugs, 1 DVI cable, couple of screws on the chassis base) and pulling the color wheel out involves only a couple of screws and a good wiggle/pull upward. Be sure to re seat it carefully with the gasket in place. Take your time and it should not be a problem. Clean everything you can reach as you go.

BadSignal

Postby BadSignal » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:30 pm

Got issues with my HLR5067WAX. Got the three blinking lights and the set tries to power up. Replace the Ballast and lamp but unit will not turn on. I still here a noise (whistling sound you here when a bomb is drop from a plane). Looked at the color wheel and its intact. Don't where to go from here. Help!

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:42 pm

hello badsignal

yes that would also fall under the category of a malfunctioning colorwheel by what you describe and my experience. the bearing must be bad or the colorwheel of centered if it s whirling or screeching. As long as it is not an electronic buzzing or arching sound, which would mean the ballast.. If you run a youtube search you might find how to remove and replace it for your model..

I hope this helps
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”