Toshiba 62HM116 DLP TV

Got a problem with a projector? A DLP or LCD projector can have common issues. Why don't you check this forum out before running out to buy a brand new projector?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
CobraSnake7

Toshiba 62HM116 DLP TV

Postby CobraSnake7 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:55 am

I have a Toshiba 62HM116 that is about 9 years old. I have replaced the projector bulb Y196-LMP about three times over the years. Recently it went out, and I replaced it with one I bought on Amazon. It worked for one week, and then went out. I bought another one from Amazon for about $30, but the tv won't work. The yellow light on the front flashes 3 times, waits about 1 sec, and then flashes 3 more times. The TV doesn't speak to me, just flashes 3 times. It won't work at all. Can anyone help me?

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Toshiba 62HM116 DLP TV

Postby admin » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:27 pm

Hey Cobra,

It sounds like you are possibly installing a counterfeit lamp in your unit. Amazon has a real problem with some of it's lamps for TVs and projectors. Many are counterfeits and behave the same way you are describing. These lamps have to be calibrated exactly to work with your model and often that just doesn't happen with counterfeits. Have you tried checking out discount-merchant.com? They sell genuine OEM lamps and can help you find your model. Anyone else have any idea what could be causing this?

Cheers,

Maurice

Admin at the forum
[i]"Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today."

-Mark Twain[/i]

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Toshiba 62HM116 DLP TV

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:33 pm

Hello CobraSnake7,

Your ballast could also be the problem if it hasn't been replaced before. This is what powers the lamp and since this is a consumable part it will need to be replaced eventually. Most DLP owners by the time they have had their TV for 9 years have already replaced the ballast. I would recommend to try a OEM bulb first which in your case would be a Phoenix bulb. If the problem was to still be there then at that point I would look into the ballast. Please let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Projectors”