DLP Service Menu changed, now TV resets constantly

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
KingIpsen

DLP Service Menu changed, now TV resets constantly

Postby KingIpsen » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:51 am

I recently installed a new DLP lamp for my Samsung HL50A650C1F. Since the installation whenever I am viewing something with a fair amount of brightness, I notice the tint changing from what it should look like (white is white) to a yellowish tint every 1-2 seconds. This is only a small problem which I can overlook.....however, while going through the service menu for my TV, I made the faulty assumption that the right arrow on my remote functions the same in this service menu than it does in the regular TV menu.

This obviously wasn't the case, as I was going through the options on the service menu and found a LAMP option that was set to Pulse (as I recall). When I hit the right arrow to view what I thought would be options, my TV turned off. It now turns on and restarts continuously. I can stop this by unplugging the TV for a few minutes, but if I turn it on, it will go into this restarting cycle again. I tried to use the MUTE 1 8 2 Power again to get back to the service menu to no avail.

My question is: what did I change, and more importantly, is there some way to fix it, like a factory reset option for this service menu? I can't seem to find a hard reset anywhere on the outside of the TV. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eddie

Re: DLP Service Menu changed, now TV resets constantly

Postby Eddie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

This is common and it's most likely the color wheel.
--

Eddie

Return to “Samsung Discussion”