samsung won't get cable

Satellite and Cable Boxes including DVR and TIVO, media center recording devices etc.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
ekolstedt
Contributor
Contributor

samsung won't get cable

Postby ekolstedt » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:48 pm

Hi,
My samsung is getting the audio for my local cable channels but not the video. It says weak signal.
it does receive air signals and displays them just fine. It also plays a DVD just fine. I have programmed
the channels in the channel setup area.
I'm sure it's not the cable as I have hooked up another TV that works fine through all the channels.
I'm not using a cable box (did try it and same result) just plugging the cable into the back of the TV

Eddie

Re: samsung won't get cable

Postby Eddie » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:52 pm

So you're not using a cable box?

Do you have 2 cable boxes? Maybe it's the cable box. If it says weak signal, it tells me that it might be your cable provider or something to do with the box and not the TV.
--

Eddie

Eddie

Postby Eddie » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:08 pm

I've moved this to the cable boxes forum for the time being. If we find that it's the television, I'll move it back!
--

Eddie

ekolstedt
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ekolstedt » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:53 pm

I hooked it to a working cable box and it was the same. I normally don't use a cable box in this room, just plug the cable into the back of the TV. I had a TV that was working fine in this room just plugging the cable right into the back of the TV when i replaced with this TV I got the error about weak signal.

Return to “Satellite and Cable Boxes”