50" Samsung DLP picture "sags"

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
bixjeff22
Contributor
Contributor

50" Samsung DLP picture "sags"

Postby bixjeff22 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:42 pm

My TV is a little over 2 years old. For the last 6 months or so the picture has started "sagging" for lack of a better word. The top portion of the picture looks ok when watching HD channels but the bottom of the picture is dropping off the screen, more so in the middle than on the sides. Any crawls along the bottom of the picture are now pretty much out of the viewing area. If I am watching a non-HD program with the bars on each side of the screen, you can definitely tell that the top of the bars are squeesed in a little and the picture has a bit of a trapezoid look to it.

Any idea what is causing this and can it be fixed?

Thanks,

Jeff

Eddie

Re: 50" Samsung DLP picture "sags"

Postby Eddie » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Jeff,

Has your television been moved around recently? Have you had any service done to it?

This isn't an common occurrence, but it sounds like your back reflector is out of alignment, or perhaps falling a bit. Unfortunately I don't have any photos to show you, but taking apart the back of your television may be the simplest way to fix it. When you remove the back casing of the TV, you'll see the big mirror that reflects light from the DMD chip and the light engine onto your screen.

If you have a picture of the problem that will help me out a lot in further troubleshooting because it's hard to really understand what you mean by sagging or having a trapezoidal shape.

The good news is that my first instinct tells me it doesn't seem to be a major problem which will require a ton of money to fix.. just some elbow grease. Pictures and more explanations will help though, along with TV model number!

Thanks!
--

Eddie

bixjeff22
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bixjeff22 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:22 am

Ok, it is a model HLT5076S 1080p. Hopefully you can see both things I was talking about in this picture. If you'll notice you can barely see the top of the scroll on the bottom right side of the picture, the rest is pretty much gone. And you should be able to tell that the "ESPNHD" bars on both sides are a little wider on top than they are on the bottom.

No, it hasn't been moved in over a year and there has been no service done to it.

bixjeff22
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bixjeff22 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:24 am

Here is the picture.
Attachments
TV Screen.jpg
TV Screen.jpg (116.63 KiB) Viewed 6975 times

Return to “Samsung Discussion”