Screen blocks and darkness on 56hm195

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Chris03

Screen blocks and darkness on 56hm195

Postby Chris03 » Sun May 02, 2010 2:21 pm

I have a 56hm195, and I am having proplems with very dark pictures and blocks on the screen, I have attached pics from another posting that seems to show the exact problem I am having.....

Please for the love of god, someone tell me whats wrong with my TV....the playoffs are on

Thanks
Chris
Attachments
tv2.jpg
tv2.jpg (80.15 KiB) Viewed 8533 times
tv.jpg
tv.jpg (83.82 KiB) Viewed 8533 times

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Screen blocks and darkness on 56hm195

Postby ChubbsTech » Thu May 06, 2010 10:50 pm

Hello Chris03.
It looks like it might be one of the boards; the first test you can try is with your remote, push the tv menu button. If the tv menu is also affected by the blocks its probably your DMD board, if not the the video boards (analog or digital) are to blame.
Here is a post that might help you out more, and describes the problems in a little more detail. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1321
Keep me posted on any new developments and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Chris03

Postby Chris03 » Sat May 08, 2010 5:45 pm

Hey Nightkid, thanks for your help....the problem I am having appear on all settings for the TV, whether I am on TV or DVD or Direct TV whatever input I select its having the problem....DMD probably makes the most sense....whats crazy is I checked the lamp, cleaned all inside the TV, and the picture actually came back on....but then 30 mins in the screen split in half, one side comepletly fine the other half completly blurred...if you believe its DMD do you know how I can go about getting a new board?....or do you believe it to be something else?...def not the analog and digital board though....Thanks for your assistance and time

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Tue May 11, 2010 12:09 am

Hello Chris03.
The reason that the tv worked perfectly for 30 min after cleaning the inside of your tv is that maybe the issue is related with the DMD overheating. You could try looking for the DMD board on the web, there are some companies that sell tv parts online, one example is http://www.discount-merchant.com/ try searching by part number, its printed on the actual board under the legend “P / N” & “Code”. Since they are very hard to find, then you’ll have to buy the entire light engine with DMD board.
Keep me posted, good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Toshiba DLP Discussion”