WD-52631

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Ekwork
Contributor
Contributor

WD-52631

Postby Ekwork » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:49 am

My tv has the same problem like everyone else, it powers on,no picture, there is sound, but then powers down. I had a tv repairman look at the tv and he said it is my lamp ballast cause he hears it making a 'ticking' sound. The only thing is that I can't find a replacement ballast ANYWHERE on the web for a decent price. We have had a lot of problems with this tv so we don't want to spend a lot of money on a new ballast. Any ideas?

rougeleader
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: WD-52631

Postby rougeleader » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:31 pm

hi, yeah it seems that is a common issue with mitusbishi and samsung, the best way to look for the item is using the part number that is printed on the board it self, if you cant find anything at a reasonable cost you can have it rebuilt, or if you have moderate soldering skills you can fix it, look for obvious signs if blown capacitors and just replace those! your local electronics shop or radio shak may carry the items you need!

SrMerlyn
Master Technician
Master Technician

Postby SrMerlyn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:10 am

Ekwork,

Have you ever replaced the lamp. A defective lamp can cause a clicking or buzzing sound. If you haven't replaced the lamp you should try that first. If it's not the lamp you can keep the new one as a spare. The ballast is a really common problem with DLPs so you should be able to find it online at a decent price. The part number for the ballast you need is 938P060010. Also, you can enter the error code menu by pressing the front panel 'INPUT' and 'MENU' buttons at the same time for five seconds. Make sure the TV is off before you do this. There error codes are really easy to read. Example: If the error code is 23, the LED will flash two times, pause and then flash three times. The error code will be repeated 5 times. Here are the error codes.

12 - No error found
32 - Lamp cover is open
34 - Lamp turns off while TV is playing. (Lamp failure) or (Lamp enable signal from engine is lost)
36 - Lamp ballast fan has failed
37 - Engine (DLP) fan failed
38 - Lamp temperature is abnormally high
39 - DMD temperature is abnormally high
42 - Exhuast fan failed
44 - Check for disconnected DVI cable between PWD-DM and Engine
48 - Engine power supply short is detected
57 - Ballast communication problem (ballast to chassis).
58 - Signal short is detected
59 - DM short is detected
61 - No LAMP-EN output from the engine to the ballast
66 - Lamp did not turn on at power on sequence (No lamp inserted), (Disconnected cable between ballast and lamp), (Lamp-enable goes to DM but not to ballast

I hope this helps.

Ekwork
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Ekwork » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:39 am

I am pretty knowledgable on electronic repair, what parts on the ballst would you say to replace besides the caps? The caps arent swollen, what is the part called that the two leads terminate into that plug into the lamp? It is an Osram ballast. I appreciate your help..... :?

Ekwork
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Ekwork » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:00 am

Ok, on my Osram ballast PT VIP 3AC/380 01, i would like to know the value of resistor L4A on the PCB. And if anybody can recommend any other components to replace please feel free to help. I have been searching the web for the past 8 months and can't find a new or used ballast for sale for my Mitsubishi WD-52631, my wife and I have been watching tv on a 12" LCD for almost a year, so anything would help please, thank you. Edward

Ekwork
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Ekwork » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:31 am

ok i replaced the ballast and my tv STILL doesnt turn on, i just hate dumping $$$$ in this TV but we paid over $3000 for it when it first came out so, would like to fix it, dont know what to do anymore..... :(

Return to “Mitsubishi Discussion”