Sony KDF-50E2000 red blur on top of screen (pics)

This form contains information on DLP, LCD Projection and other RPTV issues. Any information about a television device that requires a lamp and a ballast should be created here.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Chaiyz
Contributor
Contributor

Sony KDF-50E2000 red blur on top of screen (pics)

Postby Chaiyz » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:29 am

I recently acquired this DLP from craigslist to replace a Samsung HLM567WX that needed a DMD.

I paid $200 for it but and noticed the picture was pretty dim so I purchased a new phillips bulb the next day. I replaced the bulb and everything seemed ok.

I only noticed later that evening that the top 1" or maybe 3/4" has a red hue to it. Look at the picture I've attached. The picture is excellent minus this issue and I'm hoping someone knows how to solve this problem. I've done no adjustments so far and don't know how to access any service menus from the remote.

Anyway, just hoping someone sees this and realizes that it's a simple problem to solve.

BTW, the redish hue is always there even in dark scenes but you don't really see it unless watching something with bright backlight.

Thanks for looking.
Attachments
newsony.jpg
look at the top of the screen for the redish hue.
newsony.jpg (165.17 KiB) Viewed 16599 times

Chaiyz
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Sony KDF-50E2000 red blur on top of screen (pics)

Postby Chaiyz » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:24 am

BTW, I found this:

using remote control ;
put tv in stand by
press i+
volume up (once)
analogue
tv will switch on and green letters will appear;
press menu

This is supposed to get me into service mode but I don't understand it. First, I don't have an i button on my remote, no Input either, just tv/video. Not sure if this is the right command anyway.

After searching more and more I found that the i is supposed to be the Display button and analogue is the power button, I did this all and then the set turned on with green information but I can't seem to make any adjustments with my RM-YD010 remote. Now there is a USB service input and I have a laptop but no software and I'm just hoping someone here knows what I'm missing.

Thanks,

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:24 pm

Hello!
I do not think this is a problem that can be fixed within the service manual, this is most likely an issue with your optical block, maybe one of the LCD chips is burned out...
Its an easy swap out no cutting/sodering required just a bunch of screws and plugs, this is what it looks like

http://www.discount-merchant.com/Sony-K ... 110223.htm

hope this helps!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Ken

Postby Ken » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:22 am

I have the same problem with my sony, same model. The original bulb popped, ordered a replacement, installed it and have the same red hue as you do. Have you solved the problem yet?

Ken

Postby Ken » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:53 am

I am having the same problem. The original lamp popped, ordered a new one, replaced it and now I have the red blur on the top of the screen like you. Have you been able to get it fixed??

Return to “DLP, LCD Projection, and other RPTV”