DLP bulb change mix up

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
VTRN

DLP bulb change mix up

Postby VTRN » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:45 pm

Im trying to replace the lamp in my samsung DLP Television(lamp BP96-01653A). I took the casing apart and replaced the bulb, but am afraid I may have done it wrong. The code on the TV is still blinking to change the bulb. The bulb is marked top, but which is the top of the casing. I put it in as if the top was the top when I pulled it out of the TV, but other places online it shows it with the casing the other way. There are two plug in prongs on the casing which to me are on the bottom. This apparently is crucial in order to figure out which wire goes to which spot on the bulb. Pleas help.
Thanks.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: DLP bulb change mix up

Postby grayfox » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:11 pm

Hello,
Do not worry about the wires and connector, this is an A/C (alternating current) lamp so there is no polarity. as long as you have the correct lamp and it is of brand name (Philips or Osram) you should be fine. This might be an issue with your ballast. Have you reset the lamp hour timer if your TV has one?
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “All About Lamps”