Samsung HL-P5063W component inputs not working

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
duquej79

Samsung HL-P5063W component inputs not working

Postby duquej79 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:38 pm

Hello all,
My 50" DLP model #HL-P5063W is having issues with its component inputs. i lost component 2 funtionality about 6months ago when i moved. then just this week ive lost component 1 funtionality. whats odd is that before i was able to use component 1 but as soon as i connected a device (cablebox,ps3,xbox,etc) to component 2 id lose both inputs!! after doing some research i decided to buy the analog board part# BP41-00122A. its just being shipped to me today. Do you guys think this will solve my issue? ALL my other inputs work. (HDMI, A/V)
any answer would be greatly apprieciated! :D

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Samsung HL-P5063W component inputs not working

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:01 pm

Hello duquej79.
First of all, congratulations, you made a wise choice, the board in charge of the component cables (yellow, white & red) is the analog board, the fact that the HDMI and A/V cables works means that the Digital board is working perfectly. So it’s a very high probability that once replaced, everything is going back to normal.
If you want to know some more about the video board ( digital & analog) go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1321
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

duquej79

Postby duquej79 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Thanks nightkid,

but just to be clear, the inputs that are bad are my component video inputs 1 & 2. meaning the green,blue,red inputs but i still feel the analog board had to be the culprit. would you agree?

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Postby Jason1976 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:19 pm

I would say analog board. Check the solder were they hook to the board. I heard that plugging them in and unplugging them many times with brake the solder. If your handy if they are lifted off the board you can solder on jumper wires.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:45 pm

I agree, see if you can fix it you’re self, since the board is just physical damaged and no internal circuits have been affected yet. Worst case scenario, if you do mess up, you could always buy a new one, the important thing is that you know the source of your problem.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Return to “Samsung Discussion”