Resetting your LG Lamp Counter…
This mini-guide should enable you to view and reset your TV lamp hour counter. It’s always a good idea to reset this counter when changing lamps.
Make sure the TV is on and:
1) Press and hold the Menu button on your TV SET
2) Press and hold the Menu button on your REMOTE CONTROL (at the same time)
3) Continue holding BOTH buttons down for 5 seconds or until the Service Menu pops up
4) Release the MENU button from your REMOTE CONTROL, then release the MENU button from the TV Set.
5) Press and hold ENTER (or OK) on the TV Set, then:
6) Press and hold MUTE on the REMOTE CONTROL (while still holding down the ENTER button on the TV SET
7) Holding both buttons down should lead to the Lamp Life Hours screen to pop up.
8) Release the MUTE button the REMOTE CONTROL, then release the ENTER (or OK) button on the TV Set.
9) Come back to this blog and post your HOURS on our site 😉
10) Now press SELECT, then SELECT again to confirm the reset of the counter
** If the procedure above does not work swap steps 5 & 6.
** For a few special models (including 44SZ8D), you might have to change step 5 to:
5a) Press Enter on the TV Set to enter the Position Adjustment Screen
5b) Press and hold Enter on the TV Set (the TV should go back to the main Service Menu, continue holding Enter) and now also hold down the MUTE button on your REMOTE CONTROL. After about 5 seconds, your Lamp Life Counter should pop up.