Your easy guide for replacing the Sanyo PLC-XU25 projector lamp
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR PLC-XU25 LAMP REPLACEMENT
If your projector Sanyo PLC-XU25 lamp no longer turns on, it needs to be replaced. If the picture is dim or looks unnatural the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) is reaching its end of life.
If the Replace Lamp Indicator light on the front panel is blinking orange, you must replace the Sanyo POA-LMP55 immediately. Follow our simple step-by-step instructions to replace your lamp in the Sanyo PLC-XU25 projector easily.
Replace the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (610 309 2706) immediately with a guaranteed authentic lamp. Be sure to verify that your lamp is authentic and buy from an authorized manufacturer.
If the price of the lamp you’re about to buy seems like an incredible bargain, chances are it’s counterfeit and has been created using inferior parts that can damage the highly sophsticated componenbts in your Sanyo PLC-XU25 projector since it will not fit properly. Buying a knock-off lamp will also void your warranty and should anything happen to the projector you will not be covered.
Allow the Sanyo PLC-XU25 projector to thoroughly cool before changing the lamp. Turn off the projector, unplug the AC cord and allow 45 to 60 minutes for the projector to cool. These projectors operate under high heat and there is a possibility of being burned, if the projector is not fully cooled before changing the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) lamp.
Replacing the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (610-309-2706) Lamp Assembly
- Turn off the Sanyo PLC-XU25 projector.
- The lamp cover for the Sanyo PLC-XU25 projector is located at the bottom of the projector. Gently turn over the projector onto its side and loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Place the cover to one side.
- Inside you’ll find the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) lamp cage. Loosen both screws holding the lamp cage in place. Grab the lamp handle and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
- Taking the new Sanyo POA-LMP55 (6103092706) lamp cage by the handle—avoid touching the actual bulb a this can break or damage the lamp. Without forcing the lamp, place it into the slot.
- Once the lamp is in, tighten both screws on the Sanyo POA-LMP55 Lamp Assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the Sanyo PLC-XU25 projector will not turn on.
- Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-XU25 projector. If the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (610-309-2706) lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp. Reset the Lamp Counter Screen by following the instructions below.
NOTE: Your old Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
RESETTING THE LAMP REPLACE COUNTER
In order for the projector to properly track the lamp life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706)you’ll need to reset the Lamp Replace Counter on the Sanyo PLC-XU25. Failure to do so can result in the Replace Lamp Indicator not tracking the lamp life properly.
- Press SELECT (rear click) to have the SETTING DISPLAY screen appear.
- Press the POINT DOWN button and a red arrow shows up on screen.
- Using the POINT UP/DOWN button, select the LAMP PAGE and then press SELECT.
- You’ll see the message “Lamp replace counter reset?“
- Move the arrow to YES and press SELECT.
- OK is shown for confirmation. Press YES and then the SELECT button.
- Move the arrow QUIT and press SELECT to exit the MENU and return to the screen.
- Your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) should last between 1,000 to 2,000 hours depending on usage and maintenance.
EXTEND THE LIFE OF THE POA-LMP55 LAMP
Make your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) last longer:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-XU25 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-XU25 from overheating.
Leave a Reply