A new lamp for your Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 projector
Replacing the lamp in your Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 doesn’t have to be difficult. Just follow this pictorial 3-step guide to a new lamp.
Step 1: When to replace?
The Epson ELPLP39 lamp lasts up to 3000 hours. Use the Info menu to see how many hours are left until the Epson ELPLP39 reaches end of life in the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080.
Typical warning signs include:
- an image that deteriorates and becomes quite dark.
- a red flashing light on the projector that blinks every few seconds — this is the lamp warning light.
- a message: “Replace the lamp” flashes on the screen when you start using the projector.
Replace the Epson ELPLP39 immediately when you see any of these signs.
Step 2: Avoid generics
Look for the seal of approval when you purchase your lamp. This guarantees a Epson ELPLP39 lamp that has been created by an OEM manufacturer offering technical support and a refund should there be any problems. Those “generic, compatile” lamps sold for discount prices on the Internet should be avoided for the following reasons:
- although they have a lower price tag, generic have a much shorter life so end up costing more
- generic lamps are being created with carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- counterfeit lamps are prone to explosions
- generic lamps are not calibrated properly and can damaged the sensitive electronics in projectors
- copycat manufacturers offer no guarantee or refunds
- the warranty on your Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 projector will become void.
Learn how to spot the copycat fake lamps with 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Step 3: Installing the Epson ELPLP39 lamp
Before installing the new Epson ELPLP39 lamp, follow these four preparation steps:
- let the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 projector cool for one full hour. The Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 projector projector operates under very high temperatures and you can get burned badly if the projector has not cooled.
- press the power button and wait for the light to stop flashing.
- turn off the power switch at the back on the projector
- unplug any power cords.
Press the latches holding the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 lamp cover in place. Gently lift off the cover and place it to one side.
Using the screw driver provided, loosen the two screws keeping the Epson ELPLP39 lamp in place enough so the lamp can lift out.
Grab the handle of the Epson ELPLP39 lamp and pull it straight up. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: Don’t throw the Epson ELPLP39 into regular garbage! This lamp contains mercury and should not be properly recycled your used lamps! Your authorized manufacturer will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost. (Another reason to go with authentic lamps!)
Line up the new Epson ELPLP39 lamp and slide it into Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080. Avoid touching the actual bulb since the oil on your finger can cause black spots on the lamp when it heats up.
Once in place, tighten to screws on either side of the Epson ELPLP39 lamp.
Replace the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 lamp cover making sure it’s clicked into place. Otherwise, the projector will not turn on. You are now ready to reset the Lamp Usage Timer.
Resetting the Lamp Usage Timer
It’s important to reset the Lamp Usage Timer so the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 projector will know when it’s time for a new Epson ELPLP39 lamp.
- Press the MENU button on the projector or remote control.
- Navigate to the RESET menu. Select Reset Lamp Hours option. Press SELECT.
- A confirmations screen will pop up on the screen. Highlight YES and the SELECT to reset the hour.
- Press the MENU button to exit.
NOTE: The lamp usage times shows 0H until you’ve used the lamp for at least 10 hours.
Resetting the timer before installing a new Epson ELPLP39 can cause serious damage to your projector.
Get more life from your Epson ELPLP39 lamp
Get more hours from your Epson ELPLP39 lamp by following these maintenance tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 projector and let it stand unused for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
Leave a Reply