Change the Sanyo PLC-XU350 projector lamp
Your Sanyo PLC-XU350 projector lamp has between 2,000 to 3,000 hours before it needs to be replaced. This may be less if your filters are not cleaned on a regular basis.
When it’s time to change your lamp you’ll notice a flashing yellow light on the Lamp Indicator and the Replace Lamp icon appear on the screen. Depending on the Lamp Mode chosen, the Sanyo PLC-XU350 projector may turn off after three minutes.
Invest in an authentic Sanyo PLC-XU300 projector lamp and avoid the temptation to buy a cheaper priced lamp. These bargain lamps are usually counterfeit lamps and use inferior parts that can damage your projector. They may end up costing you more in the long run.
Authentic lamps have been manufactured with reliable parts that work with the sensitive mechanisms in your Sanyo PLC-XU350 projector lamp. These authentic lamps come with a guarantee and won’t make your projector’s warranty invalid.
Step-by-step instructions for Sanyo PLC-XU350 Lamp replacement
Your Sanyo PLC-XU300 projector needs a Sanyo POA-LMP131. Before installation: Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow 45 to 60 minutes for the Sanyo PLC-XU350 projector to be cool to the touch. Don’t open the projector when hot since these machines operate under high temperatures and you can burn yourself.
Replacing the Lamp
Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
1. The lamp cover for the Sanyo PLC-XU350 is located at the top of the projector. Locate the screw holding the lamp cover in place found on the side over top of the ventilation holes. Loosen the screw to remove the cover.
2. Inside there are three screws holding the Sanyo POA-LMP131 lamp in place. Remove all three screws. Grab the handle on the lamp cage and gently remove the lamp. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
3. Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP131 lamp cage by the handle and gently maneuver it into place. Avoid touching the glass or the bulb. The lamp should slide in easily – don’t force it.
4. Once the Sanyo POA-LMP131 lamp is in, tighten all three screws on the Lamp Assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the projector will not turn on.
5. Replace the Sanyo PLC-XU350 projector lamp Cover and tighten the screw.
6. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-XU350 projector. If the lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp. Reset the lamp hour using the Lamp Control mode found on the Setting menu.
Resetting the Sanyo PLC-XU350 Lamp Control Mode
Reset the Lamp Control Mode only when Sanyo POA-LMP131 lamp has been replaced. Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Note: You must wait for at least 10 minutes before changing the Lamp Control mode since the newly installed lamp will need time to stabilize. While your waiting, take the time to clean the air filter as this can extend the life of your newly installed lamp.
- Turn the Sanyo PLC-XU300 projector projector on.
- Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu. Scroll down to the Setting option. Select Lamp Control. A second screen will appear.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to move to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button
- Another confirmation dialog box appears, select YES.
- The Lamp box will disappear and the Lamp Replace Dialog box appears.
- Select YES to reset Lamp Replace Counter.
- There are two modes for Lamp life control. Mode 1 lets the lamp be turned on even after exceeding the recommended total hours of use. Mode 2 lets the lamp be turned on even after exceeding the recommended total hours BUT the projector turns off automatically after 3 minutes.
- Sanyo PLC-XU300 projectors have a Lamp control that allows you to change the brightness of the screen and extend the life of your lamp.
Normal mode allows for normal brightness
Eco mode lowers the brightness reducing consumptions thereby extending the lamp life.
NOTE: When you reset the Lamp Mode, the Lamp Indicator will stop blinking and the on screen Lamp Icon will disappear. Turn the Sanyo PLC-XU350 projector on and let the lamp stabilize before using.
Prolong the life of your new Sanyo POA-LMP131 lamp by:
- regular cleaning of the air filter
- allowing the Sanyo PLC-XU350 projector to stand for five minutes before turning the projector off.