Replacement Mitsubishi WD-62525 TV projector lamp
Your guide to installing a new Mitsubishi WD-62525 TV projector lamp
The best investment you can make to keep your Mitsubishi WD-62525 TV working at its best is to buy an authentic TV projector lamp.
Replacing the projector lamp
If you notice the picture is dimming or the color brightness change, it’s time to replace the projector TV lamp. Be sure to buy an authentic lamp from an authorized dealer to keep your TV working. Knock-off counterfeit lamps have a shorter lamp life and have been created with toxic substitutes and are prone to explosions that s often damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors. Invest in authentic.
Find this lamp sold by these authorized dealers on Amazon:
- Lutema 915P020010-E Mitsubishi 915P020010 915P020A10 Replacement DLP/LCD Projection TV Lamp (Economy)
- MITSUBISHI WD-62525 TV Replacement Lamp with Housing
- Mitsubishi WD-62525 TV Assembly with High Quality Original Bulb Inside
Changing the projector lamp
Your Mitsubishi WD-62525 TV uses the 915P020010 TV projector lamp. Before replacing the projector lamp, please follow these safety precautions.
- Reduce the risk of electrical shock by disconnecting the power cord on the Mitsubishi WD-62525 TV
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the TV to cool for at least 45 minutes. It should be cool to the touch.
Replacing the Lamp Cartridge
Tool needed: Phillips screwdriver
1. Turn the television off and unplug the AC cord.
2. Remove the front speaker grill by gently pulling on each side. The grill will snap out.
3. Using a phillips screwdriver, remove the three screws (one on the left and two on the right side)
that hold the recessed plastic cover in place.
4. Remove the plastic cover and set aside with the screws.
5. After removing the cover, you will be able to see the lamp cartridge. With the screwdriver, loosen the three screws of the cartridge. The three screws will not completely remove.
6. Gently grasp the metal handle and pull straight out (towards you).
7. Insert the new lamp cartridge securely into the TV. Do not touch the glass surface of the cartridge.
8. With the screwdriver, tighten the screws on the lamp cartridge.
9. Replace the plastic cover and screws.
10. Snap the speaker grill back into place by pushing it into place on each side with the palm of your hand.
Resetting the Lamp Hour Timer
It’s important to only reset the lamp timer when you replace the Lutema 915P020010 projector lamp.
- Press the “System/Reset” button on the TV’s control panel. The green LED on the panel will flash for up to 90 seconds.
- Press the “Power” button to turn the TV on when the green LED stops flashing.
Extending the life of the projector lamp:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
Leave a Reply