HL-R5067W turns itself on and off repeatedly...

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
GIDLPowner

HL-R5067W turns itself on and off repeatedly...

Postby GIDLPowner » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:34 pm

My 5 year old 50 inch HL-R5067WDLP was working just fine until about a month ago I started getting green plaid bands on the DVD and VCR sources but not on the Satellite TV source (weird). I'd unplug the TV and plug it back in and they would go away.
Then one day the TV would not turn on with the remote or the button on the front of the set.
I unplugged the power and plugged it back in and it began to do the endless loop that follows on its own:

1. I hear the beeps
2. Lamp lights
3. Color wheel spins up
4. Picture appears for approximately 3-5 seconds
5. TV powers off by itself
6. Starts with step 1 again.

The TV continues to start up and power down repeatedly as long as it's plugged in.
The only way to stop the cycle is to pull the plug.

I called samsung and they said to replace the lamp
I did (even though i knew it wasn't the lamp) because i figured the other one was 5 years old and would need replacing soon anyway.
I also cleaned the entire tv out...It was very dusty.
It still does exactly the same thing.

Please help?

samtmann

Re: HL-R5067W turns itself on and off repeatedly...

Postby samtmann » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:49 am

Hey there...I have EXACTLT the same problem with the same model... 5 years old....problem started with green/plaid screen distortion....then that just stopped and now I have the condition you detailed.... Have been looking all over web for ideas before I start buying lamps, color wheel or ballast....many posts mention the blue switch on the lamp cover...I looked into it and doesn't seem to be the problem. Will keep you posted if I find anything.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”