HL-P6163W

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
rockinone

HL-P6163W

Postby rockinone » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:14 pm

I have a samsung dlp hl-p6163w tv hooked up to my directv dvr. Problem is that I can not use the component cables off the dvr at all nor can I hook up the dvd player at the same time as the dvr. The screen starts going to black constantly for a few secs to minutes at a time. I have talked until i can't talk anymore to tech support and finally they sent a tech out with a new dvr...same issues. Now direct says then it much be your motherboard on your tv. Does anyone else out there have any ideas? At one point I even posted video somewhere in the forums of what it does. Not sure where those are now...somewhere I guess. This tech pretty much told me to buy a new tv. It is frustrating that everyone else I know can burn dvds of non copyrighted shows except me.
I just hooked the dvr and dvd up to a different tv and everythign worked just fine. I was able to burn a dvd off a recorded program on the dvr without it blacking out all the time. I ran the dvr through the dvd then used component cables from the dvd to the tv. Everything played and recorded perfectly on this other tv. Do you think it could be the motherboard? Where is the best place to buy one and really is it worth it? I am so stumped here.
Thanks!!

Return to “Samsung Discussion”