HLS5687 turns itself off

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
jbean
Contributor
Contributor

HLS5687 turns itself off

Postby jbean » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:04 pm

HELP!!! Our TV is shutting off by itself and the standby/temp light has come on. After a couple of minutes I can turn the TV back on but it shuts itself back off. My husband is very mechanically inclined so I think he can fix this if I can figure out what the problem is. He is hesitant because he doesn't want to blow up the TV, he thinks we should call a repair shop.
I read another post on here where their TV is turning itself off but they didn't mention the standby/temp light coming on. I told my husband about this forum, and after reading some of the discussions my husband has more confidence about fixing it himself because after looking at prices and reviews of the repair shops around here he isn't very confident with them.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Robb2004

Re: HLS5687 turns itself off

Postby Robb2004 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:52 pm

krimi
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HLS5687 turns itself off

Postby krimi » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:41 pm

It could be the temp sensor going bad. This sensor sits on top of the metal housing which the bulb assembly slides into. The bulb assembly will have a hole on top and this is where the sensor is above. There is a small blue and white wire that plugs into it. If you pull the wire out and put a paper clip or wire in the coupling you will basically bypass the sensor connecting the blue and white wire. If your tv turns on then that is your problem. Its cheap too. Here were my symptoms..1] Turn tv on 2] Bulb would light up..(which eliminates the ballast) regular picture would show up (which eliminates the bulb and color wheel) 3] 30 seconds later tv would shut down with 3 flashing lights. After bypass the tv turned on as always and hasnt shut down yet. Always un plug tv first. Get the replacement part to avoid overheating and possible fire.

this link shows the sensor at very top of page with the green card and the blue and white wire plug.
http://www.fixyourdlp.com/guides/samsun ... 0033a.php#

Return to “Samsung Discussion”