Models HLS5687 and HLP5663 problems

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
romerovideo
Contributor
Contributor

Models HLS5687 and HLP5663 problems

Postby romerovideo » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Samsung HLS5687WX XAA - Clicks when plugged in, flashes green light on far right a few times with some sort of chime or alarm sound, the goes to the red blinking light on far left with another different sound. This will keep cycling over and over if left plugged in as if its searching or trying to boot. I can hear a rev-up or fans as well.

Samsung HLP5663WX XAA - Clicks when plugged in, plays a chime or alarm sound and flashes "lamp" over and over. If left plugged in, you'll here clicking as it changes over to "standby/temp" and then "timer" then the same cycle keeps repeating.

Now keep in mind that cost is not an issue for me and that both of these have been attempted repair by someone else but I'm assuming they either thought it wasn't worth the time, money, or hassle. This is why i assume it may be the DMD boards but i can't tell at this point. The HLS model is missing the bulb and the housing. I found these for $99 as "lamp Modules". Just need some direction on what to look for and what to change. I can get the parts but i don't want to end up ordering something i don't need if i don't need it.

romerovideo
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Models HLS5687 and HLP5663 problems

Postby romerovideo » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:43 pm

Man, i expected more. Nobody visits this site at all?

romerovideo
Contributor
Contributor

Postby romerovideo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:20 pm

posted back in august. Now 8 months later and still no suggestions or help. Where do i go for help when so-called tech charge the price of a new tv to fix an older one? I have this tv running now which i've probably used for about 5+ months but the black areas or dots is getting worse. I read something about mirrors being stuck in a tilted position being on or off. I think on is white dots and off is black dots. What do i need to do at this point?

appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Postby appleads » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:32 am

Black dots or white snow have only 1 cause and 1 cure. It's a bad DMD chip. The mirrors are freezing off (black) or on (white) Replace the DMD chip. You can see video tutorials on YouTube or at ShopJimmy.com Although the part is not cheap, the procedure is pretty easy.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”