HL-S5679W no Picture

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
wilfinf

HL-S5679W no Picture

Postby wilfinf » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:42 pm

Looking at various forums, I see that my Samsung HL-S5679W DLP has a "light generator" that uses LED's instead of a lamp. I am currently unable to get a picture at all. All three lights on the front panel LED indicator are on or blinking. This indicates the lamp may be defective. So - is there a way to change the lamp or light generator on this model or am I SOL ??
I've pulled the "lamp tray" from the unit and it is quite large, not like the units I've seen on various replacement instruction videos.

Eddie

Re: HL-S5679W no Picture

Postby Eddie » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:53 pm

This TV uses three LEDs and I don't know if there's a way to replace them. I believe they are surface mounted. The only way to replace them is to replace the entire engine.

But let's look at the problem again. Make sure it's the LEDs that is causing the problem. It could very well be the power supply. Do you smell anything burned in the back of your TV? I'm not 100% sure it's the LEDs since LEDs are pretty much going to last you a lifetime for your set, so I think it must be a malfunction somewhere going to the LEDs that prevent it from firing up.

Let's focus on that before spending $100s on a new engine or a repair tech to tell you that the "lamp" is bad!
--

Eddie

Return to “Samsung Discussion”