HL50A650-Lamp replaced, worked and now not working

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
HDHero
Contributor
Contributor

HL50A650-Lamp replaced, worked and now not working

Postby HDHero » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:39 pm

Hey everyone, first post here. Hoping I can get some help with my Samsung HL50A650.

Two weeks ago, the TV went out and left me with the three blinking lights error code, denoting a faulty lamp. I didn't hear any sort of strange clicking sound and on examination, the filament of my old lamp was looking worn. No issue, I ordered the correct model number replacement from DM and it arrived two days ago.

I installed the new lamp using all the necessary precautions and started up the TV and it worked like a charm! Picture quality was nice and bright again and I couldn't have been happier. One day later, I turned on the TV and was met with the same three blinking light error code. I went closer and re-examined my installation, everything was in place correctly. I still heard no strange clicking or whirring sounds, just the same issue I had before that rectified itself with a new lamp.

I'm at a loss for what I should do now? Was there something I should have reset when I installed the new lamp? Could it be my ballast?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. It's football season for God's sake!

HDHero
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HL50A650-Lamp replaced, worked and now not working

Postby HDHero » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:59 pm

Could anyone help?

It'd be greatly appreciated. :)

Return to “Samsung Discussion”