Replaced Lamp, will sometimes turn on, sometimes n

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
KrissiH

Replaced Lamp, will sometimes turn on, sometimes n

Postby KrissiH » Wed May 12, 2010 3:55 pm

I replaced the lamp on my Viore RPT50V24DX/sms a couple of weeks ago. It was fine at first, but now when I try to turn the TV on now, it makes the start up sound, and then the lamp light blinks steadily. I removed the bulb and plugged it back in, and it worked for a couple of days, but then started having problems again. It will still come on some times, and currently it is flashing all 3 lights on the front (timer, lamp, and standby/temp). There is no information about error codes in the manual, and I have not been able to reset the lamp timer because there is no instructions on in the manual. Also, the TV is making a rapid beeping noise when the lamp light is on. I have tried calling samsung over this because I believe that they own viore now, but have not been able to get through to them concerning this issue. Thanks in advance for your help!

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Replaced Lamp, will sometimes turn on, sometimes n

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed May 12, 2010 5:47 pm

Hello KrissiH.
Since Viore seams to be the same as Samsung, you could try to reset the lamp timer same as all the Samsung tvs:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1050
Now that start up sound that you mentioned, is it buzzing noise? a humming or clicking?
If so there is a possibility that the problem might be another part.
Keep me posted & good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Hekio

Re: Replaced Lamp, will sometimes turn on, sometimes n

Postby Hekio » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:21 am

Return to “Samsung Discussion”