absolutely no power

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
tgirshin
Contributor
Contributor

absolutely no power

Postby tgirshin » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:23 am

Hi. I have a Samsung DLP tv, 61", that won't turn on at all. The model # is HL-R6167W. When I turn on the tv, either by using the remote or the power button on the tv, nothing happens. No lights, no sound, nothing.

I found an old fixya post that said this is definitely the power board, so I bought a new one online, but there was no difference after installation. I'd really like to get this working. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: absolutely no power

Postby ChubbsTech » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:06 pm

Hey tgirshin

when you try to turn it on, do you get any flashing led lights? also do you hear any type of clicking or grinding noise coming from withing the inside of the tv?
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

tgirshin
Contributor
Contributor

Postby tgirshin » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi TheRaven. Thanks for your reply, and sorry for not responding sooner. No, when I turn it onabsolutely nothing happens. There are no clicks, and no lights. Any ideas?

Thanks

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:24 pm

So in other words the TV seems DEAD. no lights not when plugged in, when power is pressed or anything? any noises like electrical ballast or fans, colorwheel spinning?

Are you sure you installed the new power supply correctly? if the power supply is good, any malfunction with the lamp or ballast has to be shown on the front lights...
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

tgirshin
Contributor
Contributor

Postby tgirshin » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:08 am

Thanks for your reply grayfox.

That's right. Totally dead. No fan or wheel or any noise whatsoever.

I believe I installed the power supply correctly. I put the new one in the same way I took the old one out, and I followed a video.

So you're saying the only thing it could be really is the power supply? I will give it another try. Anything I should be looking for? Any tests I could do along the way?

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:27 pm

Hello, well any lights? maybe if you have a multimeter check the out pins? But if you are getting no lights at all and not even a "click" when you attempt to power on, then either the PS is bad or it is not installed properly. Also check for trip switches! The TV can have a sensor like on the TV lamp door cover, but somewhere around the shell. Did you replace all covers and screws before you tried to power it on again?
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

tgirshin
Contributor
Contributor

Postby tgirshin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:57 pm

Okay, thanks again. I'll give everything another thorough look and test with a multimeter. I'll let you kwhat I find, if anything.

appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Postby appleads » Thu May 07, 2015 3:55 pm

First, I would suspect your power cord. Sounds simple, but often it's the simplest things that can go wrong. Replace it with one you know is good, or test it for connectivity. After that, find your BLUE safety switch. It's a little toggle at the very rear of the set (inside) that goes up or down and rests in the middle. Tape or wire or hold this in the upright position while you have someone power on the TV. It is designed to prevent you from "lighting up" the lamp while the cover is removed because the lamp produces intense light--don't stare at the sun, don't look at the lamp. If those two changes don't fix things, try the blue switch in the down position. If that doesn't change things get out a multimeter and start looking for connectivity issues from the point where the power enters the set and then beyond. Good luck.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”