Attention techsperts!! help with my HLP5063WX/XAA issues! :)

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
bbopmcjiggy
Contributor
Contributor

Attention techsperts!! help with my HLP5063WX/XAA issues! :)

Postby bbopmcjiggy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:05 pm

[u]Need help with my HLP5063WX/XAA!!! Please and thank you[/u]

Okay so here's what happened. I bought this TV (HLP5063WX/XAA) at an estate sale. I got a bunch of great stuff for uber cheap and also this TV for 10 bucks. It turned on, and they seemed like a nice family so i took it. They said nothing was wrong with it. They lied obviously haha. Okay enough of that, let's get down to business:

1 - I turn it on after sitting for a while, and it take s along time for the screen to show, even though there is power.

2 - When it's on, sometimes it doesn't show which imput it's on, even though i changed it with the remote.

3 - Sometimes when it's on, it randomly shows "standby" and "lamp" on the display panel on the tv (not the screen), sometimes followed by 3 clicking noises. When this happens the TV is on, but the screen is off (assuming it's on standby mode).

4 - When it does decide to work, the screen is really shaky. When there is a still image (let's say from Anime), it doesn't shake.

5 - Lastly, and this may or may not be worth mentioning, but the buttons on the TV itself don't always work (same issue with the remote).

My guess is it's the lamp? Thoughts?... You guys seem to know your stuff... help a brotha out! Thanks :)

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Attention techsperts!! help with my HLP5063WX/XAA issues

Postby grayfox » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:03 am

Hello,

If you get a second hand DLP TV the rule of thumb is to replace the lamp with an original Philips right away, even if its in good working order, just because you njever know when it might blow mid game/etc!

Now to the shaking and OSD menu, non responsive unit.... that is mostly attributed to a bad dmd board.. hopefully it doesnt come to that, but try to the lamp first then we can trouble shoot some more, you will eventually need a new one anyways, just make sure its a Philips, theres a lot of junk out there!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

bbopmcjiggy
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bbopmcjiggy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:05 pm

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:55 pm

Yes I apologize if there was a typo , I meant DMD board or DMD chip.

Has it arrived and have you installed it?
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

bbopmcjiggy
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bbopmcjiggy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:53 pm

Yep, i replaced it, and the problem didn't change at all. I also replaced the lamp.

appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Postby appleads » Thu May 07, 2015 3:33 pm

A couple of thoughts that might help you. How well have you cleaned everything inside the tv? Your time spent doing an absolutely thorough job dusting, vacuuming and then blowing out everything will be well spent. Also, replace the batteries in your remote. Next, have you looked at your color wheel? Is it intact? It might have dropped a segment, causing the "shaking" you refer to. Hope this helps. These TV's are too good to just throw in the trash IMHO.

bbopmcjiggy
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bbopmcjiggy » Fri May 08, 2015 6:04 am

I haven't cleaned anything, but i will be sure to. If I'm in there i might as well. Oh man, if it is the color wheel i'm gonna be so annoyed... i put a lot of work in already. i replaced the DMD board, and the problem persisted, so then i returned it and put the old one back in, and the screen is off, so that means i have to take it apart again JUST to readjust. I ordered a digital board and main board, so i guess i will look at the color wheel before i do anything. I agree, i love this thing. It's at least a 54", relatively light TV that will provide hours of entertainment... amd i got it for 10$! Thanks for the tip stranger! :)

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Thu May 28, 2015 6:57 pm

Hello, I thought Id jump in and help with the colorwheel part number in case you want to order it online

BP96-00674A is the part Samsung lists.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”