Not quite right on a HL-T6176

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Not quite right on a HL-T6176

Postby appleads » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:32 am

Recently I acquired a "broken" HL-T6156. It needed a color wheel. And a new Philips bulb. And the ballast was bad. Now it is "working" sometimes and not others. Here's what's happening. On turning it on for the first time, the lamp lights (thanks to that new ballast and new bulb) but no image is on the screen. Then if I hit a button or two on the remote I can get it to "start" and show a picture BUT before it does the audio and/or the picture exhibit signs that all is not correct. I get a skipping audio sound that goes like this: "yesterrrrrurrrurrrurrrday" and then all will be well. When in the "not yet started state" you cannot turn the TV off with the remote, or get the remote really to have any effect on the set. But once the set "starts" and after going through it's stuttering, the remote WILL turn off the TV and perform all the regular functions. I'm beginning to suspect the DVI board, the board that lurks behind the power supply on the left side of this "skinny" DLP. But I'm also intrigued by the "frozen" state of the TV where the remote doesn't seem to have any effect for a while. Does this point to the DVI board as well??? Is the stuttering audio and sometimes video processing trying to tell me something?

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Not quite right on a HL-T6176

Postby ChubbsTech » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:55 am

Hello,

Please advise if this happens on every input source or is it only when viewing local TV channels ?

Regards,
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Re: Not quite right on a HL-T6176

Postby appleads » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:08 am

I replaced the DVI board and viola, everything worked like new. Never got to analyze whether digital or analog inputs made any difference. This was a "junkyard" recovery and the dvi board had been exposed to water/rain. Replacing it solved all problems. Set has found a new home and is working just fine.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”