Failed color wheel replaced, but now shuts down after 10 sec

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
jgventura

Failed color wheel replaced, but now shuts down after 10 sec

Postby jgventura » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:06 pm

My Samsung model # HL-S6187W TV started humming upon start up last week. I had researched and found that the suspect component is almost certainly the color wheel. I replaced yesterday w/ a new unit, turned on set & no longer humming. However, the set shuts off after aprx. 10-15 seconds, then the "lamp" and "temp" flash and cannot do anything unless unplugged and same thing happens over and over.

NOTE: The cooling fan IS operating. Also, I did NOT install the plastic "fin" vent piece in front of the bulb nor did I install the large rear TV access cover. Had just turned it on to verify color wheel repair and operation before I put those back on incase I needed to get back in there. Any help is tremendously appreciated, thanks so much!

-Jovan

appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Re: Failed color wheel replaced, but now shuts down after 10

Postby appleads » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:56 am

The blue safety switch is engaged by the back cover. Without the cover in position, your safety switch will trip the set to turn off almost immediately. either correctly install the back cover, OR trick the switch into thinking the cover is one with a piece of tape.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”