HL-S6187W 3 blinking lights

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Mmeriaux
Contributor
Contributor

HL-S6187W 3 blinking lights

Postby Mmeriaux » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:55 pm

I've got a HL-S6187W set that's having problems turning itself off with the 3 blinking lights.

I've recently replaced the lamp with an OEM Samsung (and reset the counter) within the past month.

Last week, I replaced the color wheel - it was still operational when I removed it, but the bearings were starting to fail.

This set is now giving me fits.

Sometimes it will stay on for hours, and sometimes after about 30-45 minutes before the 3 blinking lights.

When it's on, everything appears to be functioning normally.

All of my inputs are typically switched through my Yamaha AV receiver, and the only input that I use on the TV is HDMI1.

What are your thoughts as to the next possible cause? Power supply? Temp sensor? Ballast?

Mmeriaux
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HL-S6187W 3 blinking lights

Postby Mmeriaux » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:17 pm

Based on other thread replies, I've ordered a new ballast. I think this set is on it's 3rd lamp, and recently got a new color wheel and a thorough cleaning.

I'll follow up once the ballast arrives - hopefully that will fix it.

Mmeriaux
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Mmeriaux » Wed May 25, 2016 3:16 pm

Update. Right after previous posts, I replaced the lamp, the color wheel, the larger fan, and the power supply. Still would shut off randomly. Sometimes it would stay on for hours. I'm done with this set. Anyone want this set for parts?

I inherited a newer Sammy LED, so I guess we'll try that for a while........

appleads
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Postby appleads » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:08 am

Sorry to hear of your frustrations. If replacing the fans, lamp, ballast, power supply and color wheel haven't fixed it, you're left with an issue with the main board. I'd give a new/replacement main board a shot. OR call it a day, and put the parts up on eBay so some other Samsung DLP owner can perhaps keep his/her set going.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”