HLP5063WX/XAA - Pop, picture flickered, now black

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
extraboldroast

HLP5063WX/XAA - Pop, picture flickered, now black

Postby extraboldroast » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:51 am

Hello all,

Tonight I was watching television when I heard a popping noise. Suddenly the color of the image changed to technicolor (nearly black&white w/ a bit of blue and green) before the image went black and I heard a faint buzzing noise. The TV then turned off and on several times with all 3 lights blinking on the front button.

Prior to this, for at least the last 6 months, when watching a DVD or playing XBOX and a bright flash would happen on screen (outdoor scene, explosion in Call of Duty), the TV would go black for several seconds and then display the image again. Sometimes the colors would flicker after the flash and I would have to cycle through the input modes for it to reset.

I took out the bulb assembly, but I'm not sure what a blown bulb looks like. There's a wire that comes from the side, and that's connected to the top of the post inside the bulb. It looks to be intact. What's my best course of action?

Any advise is much appreciated. Thanks.

ebr

johnrot
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Re: HLP5063WX/XAA - Pop, picture flickered, now black

Postby johnrot » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi

If you have a blown bulb it wont even turn on since the bulb "illuminates" the screen, so everything related with the colors or the picture is something else, like the color wheel or the light engine, so probably your colorwheel is not working properly it could be not spinning at the right RPM or the pieces could be shattered, hope this can help you :ugeek:
[b][color=#BF00FF]WE ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING NEW[/color][/b]

extraboldroast

Re: HLP5063WX/XAA - Pop, picture flickered, now black

Postby extraboldroast » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:50 pm

Thank you for the info, I appreciate it. Hopefully I can do the repair myself. I watched the videos on youtube... doesn't look awful. :)

Return to “Samsung Discussion”