weird problem

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
tymtrvler

weird problem

Postby tymtrvler » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:12 am

this is really a weird one I hope you can help I have a hlr-5067 and I thought I was having problems with the lamp. The tv would turn on ballast click lamp lights melody sounds but no pic , after troubleshooting the problem and reading the post I could not determine what the problem was a long story short when I first purchased the tv it would not turn on I took it back to circuit city and the tech there did something I have not heard anyone talk about. He unpluged the tv then holding the power button pluged it back in. and it work for 2 years Is that some kind of power reset weird huh anyway after I started having problems I too did the same thing and it seems to work the tv will come on and stay on for hours but the moment I turn it off for the night it will not turn on the next day until I do the same thing. I took it all apart to inspect the various components Ie color wheel ballast digital board and dmb and did not find anything . Once the tv is on and working everything seems to be fine I did have the green screen once but it never happened again. sometimes to get the tv on I have to do that power reset several times but it eventually comes on and stays on the lamp has less than 2000 hours on it as i rarely watch tv on this set . any help would be greatly appreaciated thanks

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Re: weird problem

Postby ovadoggvo » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:18 am

tymtrvlr,
The power button being pressed when you plug the TV in does not do anything at all... The symptom you have is the result of a bad Digital Board (60%) or DMD Board (40%). Your model is notorious for a bad digital board. I see more of this on a daily basis.

The digital board pretty much controlls the button set and menu fuctions of the TV... Including the remote contoller. When you are holding the power button while you give power to the TV, the only thing you are doing is causing the power to flow though the set immediatly before it can think on it's own. This is probably why it's turning it on.

I would check D-M for the board on a weekly basis. I know that there must be hundreds of people looking for that same board!

Return to “Samsung Discussion”