Image color issue

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
JAKEjake

Image color issue

Postby JAKEjake » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:33 pm

I am having color issue with my Samsung model HLT5676SX/XAA, I can not see an image when there is a dark scene(like in a cave) in a movie/show, but seems to have a good image other times. not sure if should replace color wheel or lamp. any suggestion? Thank you

JAKEjake

Re: Image color issue

Postby JAKEjake » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:37 pm

Yes there is a slightly dimmer picture overall, just really shows in dark scenes. I have never replaced or had any work done on the TV. It is 4 years old, and is on a lot.

eagle00799

Re: Image color issue

Postby eagle00799 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:00 pm

I have a samsung hlt5678,I replaced the bulb with a genuine phillips bulb and it really brightened it up. I first replaced just the bulb and then it would try to come on but would fail so i replaced the ballast also and now i'm up and running flawlessly. Dont waste your money on the cheap bulbs that last about 2000 hours, get the phillips bulb that gets around 6000 hours or more.Dont touch the lamp with your fingers as the oil from your fingers will shorten the life of the bulb. I bought the bulb and carriage so it was very easy to replace and didnt have to worry about touching the bulb.
Reset your lamp counter so you can keep track of the hours. I had to go into the service menu to find the lamp counter. press mute,1,8,2,power. Since you have never replaced the lamp and its 4 years old and on alot the lamp is the first thing i would replace. hope this helps.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”