Samsung Audio issue

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
forbish07
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung Audio issue

Postby forbish07 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:01 pm

Samsung HL-S6187w- I just got done FINALLY repairing my DLP which ended up being a bad Dynamic Black module. But now I am having a new issue. The video is great but the audio is VERY quiet on all except AV3 (The input on the side of the TV). I have tried all of the component and composite hookups on the rear of the TV (AV1-AV2-Compnent1-Component2) and ONLY the AV3 allows for what seems like full audio output. If I turn up the volume to full (100) I can BARELY hear it (Except on AV3 which seems normal). I checked the sound menu and made sure that internal speakers were not muted as well as all of the otehr esettings in there. I took apart the tv again and checked for loose or damaged wires and could not find anything.

Any thoughts? This is driving me INSANE!

Since AV3 audio works, that leads me to believe that there is no problem with the amplifier.

What else can I check? Is there something in the service menu?

forbish07
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung Audio issue

Postby forbish07 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:28 pm

Let me add that I have verified that the audio works perfectly when using not only Av3 but also when using the Wiselink with a thumb drive as well as the HDMI audio is perfect.

What could be causing this issue?! Driving me bonkers!

I have tried the audio using a DVD player as well as an old VHS player with the same outcome. Audio perfect on AV3 but extremely quiet over AV1 and AV2.

Return to “Samsung Discussion”