DLP will not power up

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
danr

DLP will not power up

Postby danr » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:40 pm

Samsung DLP HL-T4675S - TV is approx. 18 months old. Problem started approx. a month ago with the TV powering off by itself once or twice a day. Hit the power on and everything was fine. The powering off increased until it would not power on. The indicator lights were all blinking. So a replacement Philips lamp was installed. After the new lamp, the TV still will not power on. When attempting to power on the Lamp light blinks, the melody sound is heard, sounds like a fan starts, then it turns off with the stand by/temp light on. The lamp does not come on. It cycles through this process three times and then all the indicator lights are blinking. Any suggestions. Thanks Dan

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DLP will not power up

Postby Angel » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:05 pm

Hi Dan.

There are two possibilities: Color wheel (buzzing / spinning noise) or ballast (clicking noise).
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

ronytoledo

Postby ronytoledo » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:29 pm

I have the same problem with my SONY KF50WE620, the fist time was the lamp and work fine for one month after that the TV turn on for 10 minutes and then turn off again after five minutes you can turn on, but the same problem again and again.
Finally I call SONY repair center and they diagnostic POWER BOARD is the problem, also I want to know if some body in this website can help me to replace that part, I don't have an idea how that part looks, because if I do it my self is just $100 if they fixed is $400 with that money I can get a new one, thank you very much for your input.
Steven Toledo
New York

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:38 pm

Steven.

Do you have the exactly same problem than danr?
When the TV turns on, do you get audio and video?

I think your problem could be an overheating issue. in that case cleaning the fans and air vents should work.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

danr

Postby danr » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:35 am

Thanks for assistance, based on what I have been reading on this forum and one other forum the problem was correctly diagnosed as a color wheel failure. I replaced the color wheel today and all is well again with my DLP. I reviewed the color wheel replacement video on Myspace and it was helpful. But, what I found most helpful was the Service Manual for my model. I picked up a copy of Ebay for $7.95. The Service Manual had the color wheel replacement with instructions and pictures

Return to “Samsung Discussion”