Model HLS4266W turns off randomly

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
ciscoagg

Model HLS4266W turns off randomly

Postby ciscoagg » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:38 pm

We have a HLS426W model (about 3 years old or so) an it has recently begun to turn itself off randomly. The LED lights on the front of the TV don't blink or indicate any problem. When it turns off it just goes in Standby mode. We can turn it on again right away....some time it will turn itself off again within 10 minutes or so....other times it will stay on. It is starting to happen more frequently. It started a few months back, but over the last several weeks it has become almost a daily occurance. It ususally happens whent the TV has been turned on for at least 30 minutes or longer. Any ideas or suggestions?

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Model HLS4266W turns off randomly

Postby Angel » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Most probably this is just an overheating issue, so before trying to replace anything I recommend you to clean all the air vents and fans.

Get back to me once you do this...
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

ciscoagg

Postby ciscoagg » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:01 pm

Thanks...so far I have taken a vacuum cleaner with brush attachment and cleaned the back grills.

Is there a specific way to locate and clean the fan area? I was a little hesitant to start taking the back of the TV off since I'm not familiar with the guts of tv.

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:49 pm

There are 2 fans. You can easily locate them with this guide: .

You just need to vacuum all the dust ;)
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

mclane4

Postby mclane4 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:09 am

I just started having the same problem about 2 months ago and mine also is 3 years old. I think we all need to contact Samsung warranty or not. I paid $3300 for this tv and if others are doing the same after the same amount of time, something is obviously wrong. We all need to come together and get them to fix or replace

Return to “Samsung Discussion”