Samsung 46" DLp

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
astours

Samsung 46" DLp

Postby astours » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:27 pm

Hey guys sorry this is my first post but I am really looking to get some information on how to maybe fix my television. It was working for a while and then it stopped and here is what happens if you try and turn it on it makes the turn on noise like it should however the screen never turns on it then flashes to change the lamp, I changed the lamp with no success. Then I turn it on with it running to see if it is the color wheel however the colorwheel is still spinning as it should be. Do you think I might have a second bad lamp? Or is there another problem I should be looking into? Thanks for your help.

Adam

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Samsung 46" DLp

Postby grayfox » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:46 pm

hello,
unless you purchased a knock off lamp, there is almost no way it is another bad lamp, I think you are having issues with your Ballast (easy and cheaper to replace) ;)
one indicator can be a buzzing sound when it tries to ignite, try listening for it...?
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”