Lamp Ballast and Colorwheel changed...30 seconds

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
ThankyouJesus

Lamp Ballast and Colorwheel changed...30 seconds

Postby ThankyouJesus » Mon May 02, 2011 8:23 pm

Hi...I have a 7 year old DLP. Model HLN467W. Love it...loved it....HELP ME PLEASE.

About two weeks ago..the picture began to fade..scrambled then nothing. I had not replaced the lamp in a few years so I started with that. After changing the lamp, the screen came on for a little while...but then I saw that scrambling of the pictures and after about a minute...again nothing. So I changed the colorwheel. This time I got a picture for a good five minutes...then came the fading...and nothing. So it was on to the ballast. I changed this a few days ago. Turned it on....after 30 seconds of picture. It turned off.
In order to turn it BACK on, I have to plug out the TV for a few minutes, plug it in, and it powers back up. But after the 30 seconds. It shuts off. No indicator lights blink. It just shuts off.
NOTe: When I first started this adventure, before I changed the lamp, all the front light indicators would blink. First time it was all the lights..then some of the lights..now none. I couldn't keep track of it. But now since the the ballast was replaced, the front indicator lights seem to be operating normal.
At this point I have been able to reset the lamp light from some 19,000 hours to zero. I tell you its been a great TV. But now I'm at a stand still and don't know what to do. The fans work. I hear them. I see them going. In short, I turn on the TV, it starts normally, after 30 seconds it shuts off. The fans continue to run. And I cant turn back on the TV without first unplugging the TV.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Lamp Ballast and Colorwheel changed...30 seconds

Postby grayfox » Wed May 04, 2011 5:29 pm

Hello,
well after replacing all consumable parts in your TV, one thing is for certain, a board inside your TV is malfunctioning once it heats up... since you get no light and it shuts down I am tempted to say it is a power supply issue, but since your TV does not respond after it shuts down this may be a DMD board issue... anyone else want to try???
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”