DLP Picture Freezes

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
czappa

DLP Picture Freezes

Postby czappa » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:41 pm

I have a 2.5 year old Samsung HL-S5087W DLP. About a week ago the picture started to Freeze. The sound continues but the picture just locks, does not go black just freezes still. It happens on all inputs and different time intervals. If I just wait the picture will start moving again somtimes, 20 seconds sometimes 5 minutes. Of coarse it is out of warrenty so Samsung is no help. Anyone have any ideas? I have a Samsung office kind of close by, if I cannot fix it myself I plan on dropping it off in front of their lobby.

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DLP Picture Freezes

Postby Angel » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:30 pm

It sounds like a DMD board issue. Try to display the TV menu once the picture freezes, if it doesn't come up then most probably you need a new DMD.

1. In Standby mode, press Mute + 1 + 8 + 2 + Power to enter service mode.

2. Select the DDP1011, then TEST PATTERN, then press the right arrow key on remote to scan through some test patterns.

3. Repeat the same steps with the DNIe option.

This test helps when the problem is some kind of pattern or distortion, however in your case you'd have to wait to see if the picture freezes while you're running one of these tests. If the picture freezes when testing the DDP1011 replace the DMD board, if this just happen when testing the DNIe then the problem is the digital board (it could also be the analog but you said you try all the inputs, so I'm supposing you try also the HDMI, which only passes trough the digital).

Hope this helps.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

Return to “Samsung Discussion”