Samsung HLR 4667

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Tonycrac

Samsung HLR 4667

Postby Tonycrac » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:50 pm

I've had this tv since September 2006. So far, I'd had good luck with it. No problems whatsoever, other than my daughter drowning the remote control. Of late, though, I am getting a lot of greenish plain looking patterns on the screen. If I unplug the tv and DVD player for a span, the lines go away, only to return awhile later. I have no clue about electronics and surely have no clue what to do. Anyone have a sound idea as to what I might be experiencing?

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Samsung HLR 4667

Postby Angel » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:13 am

Do these lines appear with all the inputs?
Do they appear over the menu?
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

Desoto61

Postby Desoto61 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:27 pm

Having the same issue, same TV. On mine it is only on the tuner inputs (digital cable with cable card and OTA) and it doesn't do it over the menu screens. The component input is clean too.

In the past unplugging the TV for a minute or so and plugging it back in would fix the issue but as of late that hasn't helped.

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:10 am

The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

Desoto61

Postby Desoto61 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:32 am

Ordered a new digital board (DM and Samsung didn't have them but I managed to find it elsewhere for the same price as Samsung wanted).

Came today, installed it and the TV fired up normally. Booted into the service menu which ended up being upside down. Tried the "consumer reset" but no luck. So I looked around a little more and found the digital driver option (or something like that) which was set to Samsung. I clicked the option which changed it to Ziess and the image righted itself and everything seems to work fine.

The image seems lighter than before but that's easily adjusted out of the picture. Don't know if this one will last any longer than the last one but if I can get another 4 years out of the TV I'll be satisfied, and it's still cheaper than a new TV. Just happy to have my TV back! :D

Return to “Samsung Discussion”