hlt5075sx xaa cycles turning on and off, help!!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
ggray87

hlt5075sx xaa cycles turning on and off, help!!

Postby ggray87 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:12 am

I have a hlt5075sx xaa and I've looked at forums trying to find someone with the same problem but no luck. The tv has a brand new lamp and is completely cleaned out (I took it apart when it happened) while I had it apart I checked all the boards and everything looks fine, no burned areas on the board and now blown capacitors. You plug it in, green led on front starts blinking, both fans turn on you hear the color wheel start to spin, the ballast fires up the light, you hear the chime and the picture comes on then after 20 seconds it shuts off and starts trying to turn on again but won't. It will go through every step including lighting the lamp then just shuts down. The only thing I can find wrong is when it turns on and off for a few cycles I unplug it and all the heat sinks are cool to the touch except the largest one on the power board is extremely hot!! But I don't know if that is normal or if that's the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: hlt5075sx xaa cycles turning on and off, help!!

Postby grayfox » Mon May 30, 2011 10:01 pm

Hello,
it all sounds normal, I think the problem lies in your ballast. as long as there is no discoloration or distortion then I would change the ballast first (it is relatively inexpensive, I purchased a Samsung at www.discount-merchant.com for like 60 bucks) and used this websites guides to change it, they are all pretty much the same inside, nothing to cut or solder, just a bunch of screws and plugs :mrgreen:
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”