DLP Stretches ALL Images

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
SirReddSir

DLP Stretches ALL Images

Postby SirReddSir » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:14 pm

This suck! I turned my television on the other day, and noticed that the image didn't look right. I began poking around a bit, and realized that there was something seriously wrong with my system... despite it being less than 2 years old! Ugh.

So here’s the situation: The television appears to be over-projecting the image. All the video hangs off the bottom of the screen (including the internal menus, so it’s not an aspect ratio setting). Additionally, I’m getting a bend in the video towards the top of the screen. Vertical lines bend inward like a pyramid, although not that steep.

The picture still looks pretty good, and audio is fine. No matter what the input (even when there’s no input), the problem persists. I’ve entered the factory code, made sure settings weren’t on “shop,” and then reset everything back to the factory defaults… but no change.

As I said, it’s less than 2 years old, but out of warranty by a few months. If I had hair, I’d be pulling it out.

The model number is HLT-5076S, and here are the pictures of the problem:

Notice how slanted the HD bars are on the left and the right.

The video is so blown out at the bottom, that you can’t even see the ticker.

See how even when there’s no input, the top left identifier is still warped off the screen.

The internal menu at the bottom of the screen gets cut off too.

Bottom menu is cut off, and the expanded menu above is warped.

Even the Cablevision graphic at the bottom of the screen is cut off and warped… and Wilford Brimley doesn’t like that. He’s got diabetes, damnit.

Anyway… that’s the situation. I’ve asked some engineer friends of mine what they think, but they’re not really experts on DLP televisions… so they don’t have much to add.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I didn’t do anything to this TV… didn’t bump it, didn’t move it, haven’t even plugged anything new into it recently! I don’t know how it just got all messed up spontaneously.

Please help!

Return to “Samsung Discussion”