Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
nautilus11
Contributor
Contributor

new lamp and color wheel, still no picture

Postby nautilus11 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:18 am

hi,
I replaced the lamp and color wheel on my HLS5086W, it still does not turn on.
Before i replaced the color wheel, i was getting some light screeching sound which led to beleive that it could be color wheel. After brand new color wheel, the sound continues. It is not fan, i checked those.

It makes single clicking sound (as it would do in normal startup), then the single green light blinks indicating lamp warming. then after few seconds, it acts as if it is starting again, makes one single cliking sound and the green lights blinks slowly. After 4 such tries, the three lights start blinking. already spent about $250 on it.
any suggestions, what next?(apart from throwing the tv in junker?)

paulzipp
Contributor
Contributor

Re: new lamp and color wheel, still no picture

Postby paulzipp » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:48 pm

I am experiencing the same exact problem with the HLS-4666WX. I also did the bulb and color wheel and still nothing. It seems to make a high pitch noise ever since replacing the bulb.

Problem started with the TV turning off and giving me the bulb replacement error (3 blinking lights). But it would turn back on if i powered it down and tried again, would work for a few minutes and go off. This was the problem I originally had when I bought the TV and the Samsung repairman replaced my bulb under warranty. So I assumed it was the same thing and replaced the bulb. Worked perfect for about 5-10 minutes, then the new bulb turned off, and every since then none of the bulbs will even come on.

It started making a high pitch sound with some whirring after the new bulb was installed, so I replaced the color wheel. But still nothing. Mine does the same things yours does, where it tries to turn on 3-4 times then goes to the 3 blinking lights. Have you resolved your issue and if so what did you do? I'm 250 in so far as well and need to make the decision on a new tv or continuing to attempt to fix this one.

paulzipp
Contributor
Contributor

Postby paulzipp » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:30 pm

So i started a full scale debug last night, kind of trying to find something obviously wrong. Does anyone know the voltages that the ballast should output at certain times?

It's definitely not my lamp cover switch, I bypassed that and still have the same problems. All the fans are spinning nicely.

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:48 pm

The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

paulzipp
Contributor
Contributor

Postby paulzipp » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:37 pm

should it be a steady 15k VAC? Or is there an initial jolt and then it drops down?

paulzipp
Contributor
Contributor

Postby paulzipp » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:32 pm

Well looks like i'm throwing in the towel, this DLP has defeated me and my wallet. I've replaced it all lamp, color wheel, and ballast, and still nothing. Not even close, so if anyone needs two bulbs, two ballasts, or two color wheels i'm gonna part out my tv unless someone buys the entire thing.

tkettel

Postby tkettel » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:57 am

PaulRipp, I am interested in your parts. Please contact me at toad@isd.net.
Thanks,
Todd

nautilus11
Contributor
Contributor

Postby nautilus11 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:46 am

ok, finally got my TV working. Posting it here for others who might use this info.
As i said earlier, i changed lamp, color wheel and even ballast but same problem continued. Discount-merchant tech support guys were very good (one named Angel helped me out). They offered to test all my parts for free. I sent color wheel, ballast, lamp, color wheel housing etc to them and they found out that it was the tiny sensor on the color wheel housing that was the problem. Discount merchant even were gracious to take the new parts back which were not needed. Changed that and TV is working fine now..

Return to “Samsung Discussion”