6188W DLP New lamp, color wheel, ballast no pic!!!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
stippy420

6188W DLP New lamp, color wheel, ballast no pic!!!

Postby stippy420 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:16 pm

Long story short(ish);

Watching a movie, set makes a nasty sound, (thought one of my media player drives crashed) picture looks horrible (greens and purples mostly, faded, colors missing). Yank plug, wait, try again. No noise, works ok for about 10 mins then goes back to the video problem. No sounds this time but all 3 blinking lights.

Replaced lamp, worked for about 10 minutes, again, same problem, but no noises. Again, 3 blinking lights. Replaced color wheel. Now the lamp never comes on. Set starts up, shuts down. Repeat. 3 blinkers. Ok, then, ballast. Replaced ballast. Same thing; starts up, lamp light blinks for 10-15 secs. and set shuts down. Repeat. Even put the old lamp back in to see if I got a bad replacement.

I see that there are others posting w/ this issue, as well and having the same amount of success with repairs, so I'm now thinking it's going to require a $450 engine. This current engine is less than 3 years old; it was replaced shortly after I got the TV, under warranty)

Suggestions? Thoughts? Should I bother with the repair or just grab a 65" Mistubishi on sale for $1600?

Return to “Samsung Discussion”