Flashing 'Check Fan #1' Message

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
slugletter
Contributor
Contributor

Flashing 'Check Fan #1' Message

Postby slugletter » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:12 am

I have a Samsung HL-P5085 that I have been repairing.

I just replaced the digital board and when I turn the set on I get a nice — albeit inverted — picture but I also get a flashing 'Check Fan #1' message. The tv stays on for about 1 minute and then shuts off. I cleaned the fan — there is only one fan in this unit, btw — and it comes on initially. I can't figure out whether the fan is failing, or if the fan is fine and there is something shutting it down.

The picture is also inverted, and I think I know how to fix this, but at the moment the warning message preempts me from getting into the service menu or do much of anything else menu wise.

Notes:

> The lamp is new and comes on
> Color wheel replaced and seems to work fine
> DMD and Digital board both replaced. Picture is inverted, but looks good.
> Front panel doesn't run through the usual sequence and the stand-by light is flashing while the tv is on. Again, this may be the fan issue that is preempting anything else (?)
> I checked all the cables and they seem secure.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm so close!

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Flashing 'Check Fan #1' Message

Postby grayfox » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:25 pm

Hello,
How old is your TV? I think this is an easy Ballast issue and you're set!
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

slugletter
Contributor
Contributor

Postby slugletter » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:05 am

grayfox,

The ballast? Really? I guess I was thinking it may be the sub-detect board.

As a matter of fact I was just going online to order a sub-detect board! Let me know what your thinking is on this. It is as important for me to know the why as the what.

Thanks in advance.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grayfox » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:29 pm

You know what I thought the shut down could be caused by the ballast, but if you are getting an inverted picture the DMD could be shutting down the whole thing, you say the startup doesnt boot properly... this you can fix but you might need a tech, worst case you need to replace the DMD...
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”