Samsung HLS4676S please help!!

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
kach2769

Samsung HLS4676S please help!!

Postby kach2769 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:55 pm

I have a Samsung HLS4676S dlp TV. Lately it started shutting off after about 40-50 minutes. I thought it was time to change the bulb since it happened before (the TV is 4 years old), ordered a new one and put it in and....still shuts off. I don't know what to do now. I can't hear the fan working by the lamp at all. Could that be the problem? the fan is not working, not cooling it off so the tv shutts off? In addition to shutting off there is something going on with the sound. After couple of minutes of watching the popping sound comes up, I have the sound through Bose speakers and just mute the tv sound. I had the color wheel changed soon after I got the tv years ago. Could anybody help me please? what needs to be done to fix it? I called the tech already and he said $300 to change the fan, looked online and the part is only $15...Help!!!

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Samsung HLS4676S please help!!

Postby grayfox » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:06 am

Hello!
normally I would assume the fan is acting up and once the set overheats it shuts down for safety, and ask you to replace it since it is plug and play, nothing to cut and price efficient,... But that popping sound, I do not know, I would begin with the fan and work my way from there to the Ballast..

Hope this helps
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100421222828/ssb/images/thumb/1/18/MetalGearSymbol.svg/50px-MetalGearSymbol.svg.png[/img]Unit Foxhound

Return to “Samsung Discussion”