New bulb,ballast-what next?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
dukecharmary

New bulb,ballast-what next?

Postby dukecharmary » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:30 pm

HLP5063W - New bulb, New ballast. After unplugging power then replugging up, the TV acts normally, LED staus lights and all work normally. Turning on the TV will work sometimes for 5 minutes, sometimes for a couple of hours, then picture goes black, lamp goes off with no status lights. Power switch or remote will not turn on but you can see the remote flickering a LED. No noise from back except normal fans which continue after bulb goes out. Unplugging will reset and will work again most of the time, sometimes not and you get the 3 LED blinks. Changed bulb, then ballast, unit continues the same. Color wheel changed last year with no problems. Any direction or assistance appreciated, sorry if I overlooked similar posts but didn't see this problem.

Thanks, Charlie

dukecharmary

Re: New bulb,ballast-what next?

Postby dukecharmary » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:36 pm

Last night I fired it up with another new bulb and again after 5 minutes the bulb goes out, no led status lights on front. I took the back off, and replugged it up, it came on and after 15 or so minutes I unplugged the temp sensor for a test. After disconnecting the temp. sensor the lamp shutdown but this time the red temp led status light on front lit up. This has not been the case in all the other shutdowns. Tells me that it is not the temp. sensor causing this issue.
Sure need direction as to what this could be...

Return to “Samsung Discussion”