RCA DLP 50"

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
Bluelon

RCA DLP 50"

Postby Bluelon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:03 am

I have an RCA Scenium DLP model HD50LPW175. I changed the lamp and turned on the tv and could hear a soft whirring sound that was intermittent in the back of the set. The lights will flash 5 times for as long as I have it turned on. I can't get a good angle to see if the wheel turns when the lamp is out. Can anyone help? If you wouldn't mind would you can call me to help me trouble shoot this tv. Respond here and I'll send my phone #. I bought this tv 5 years ago and had no problems until 18 months ago. Took tv into repair shop and paid 450.00 for the repair. Friday I had Dish installed and while the service man was syncing the tv remote the picture went out. I have done the things I stated at the top.

Thanks for any help.

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: RCA DLP 50"

Postby Crowell » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:49 am

Ok, here come the questions.
Before the TV went out. Did you have any problems with the picture? Have you cleaned the inside of the tv in the last 6 moths?
I’m thinking that the soft whirring sound you hear is a color wheel that’s gone bad, that causes the tv to shut off, or a fan that is malfunctioning,
activating the temperature sensor that sends a signal to the DMD board (the brain of the tv). Good luck.
Knowledge is the one true power

Return to “RCA Discussion”