RCA HD50LPW62AYX7 solid LED indicator

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
seef

RCA HD50LPW62AYX7 solid LED indicator

Postby seef » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:35 pm

I have read through several posts already and I did not find it answered already. I appreciate any help I can get.

Here is my situation. The picture froze and the television shut down. It will not turn on. There is no picture and no sound. The front LED indicator stays lit at all times. I press the power button and nothing changes. No spinning of the color wheel or fan. The bulb was replaced about 5 months ago with a Philips bulb. I checked the condition and it looks good. I left the tv unplugged for several hours and when I plugged it back in, the LED in the front lit up again.

From your experience, what should I check or replace?

-seef

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: RCA HD50LPW62AYX7 solid LED indicator

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:34 pm

Hello seef.
These RCA DLP TVs have a bad reputation for having defective power supply board. Inspect the board for any blown or swollen capacitors. If you find any replace them. Other wise you’ll have to replace the entire board. But before you buy anything I suggest you clean the inside of your TV free from dust & mold. This is to discard overheating components causing the problem.
Another possible cause could be the color wheel or a fan that doesn’t work.
Hope this help you out.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

pgibarra

RCA HDLP50W151 Troubles

Postby pgibarra » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:21 am

Hey TV Ninja,

I have an RCA HDLP50W151, the lamp burnt out so I replaced it. However, once replaced the TV will not come back on and there is no sound.

Any suggestions?

Return to “RCA Discussion”