color wheel sync.

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
redhead

color wheel sync.

Postby redhead » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:09 pm

my color wheel failed on my RCA HDLP50W151. I purchased a new wheel and am waiting for delivery. Installation seems pretty straight forward, but is their a synchronization procedure that must be done? If so, can you help with details?

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: color wheel sync.

Postby ChubbsTech » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:20 pm

Hello redhead.
To be honest, I don’t exactly know what you mean by synchronization, but its not that difficult to replace, after all its just a wheel that spins on a housing, there is really nothing more to it, look for your self, here is a link to find out how a color wheel works.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1254
if your looking for a reference guide, here is a tutorial of a Samsung color wheel replacement. Obviously its not exactly the same, but you can get an idea.
http://www.fixyourdlp.com/guides/samsun ... 01579a.php
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

redhead

Re: color wheel sync.

Postby redhead » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi NightKid
Thanks for the explanation and the link. I'll check it out. I understand that there is no mechanical adjust of the color wheel. By Synchronization, I am referring to some setting adjustment which corrects a potential picture fault where blues are green and vice versa. I read about it on another website. It described going into a special menu (not the std. on screen user menu) and making adjustments to some setting using the volume up and down on the remote. Sorry I cannot be more clear. I may not apply to RCA but I thought most DLPs were pretty much the same.

Return to “RCA Discussion”