New lamp, new color wheel, now what?

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
dlre1185
Contributor
Contributor

New lamp, new color wheel, now what?

Postby dlre1185 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:22 am

model # hd50lpw166yx7, TV is 3 years old. Yes the 5 blinking lights of DOOM are back, after I replaced the lamp, then took to TV repair place, they told me it was a bad color wheel, called RCA, they sent me a new one, put it in, pluged it in, once again 5 blinking lights! What should I attempt to do next, the ballast? I'm already into it, lamp $140, diagnostic $50, and now a color wheel $145! :oops: :x

mitchkramez
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: New lamp, new color wheel, now what?

Postby mitchkramez » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:03 pm

does it blink 5 times and shut off, or blink 5 times repeatedly?

have you pulled out the power supply to look for any puffy capacitors or burn marks around capacitors or any leaking electrolytic?

dlre1185
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dlre1185 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:29 pm

Ya, when I plug it in it the power button blinks 5 times then stays on steady, can't turn it off? In the back left hand side I can see a red light, but I don't here any fans going or anything for that matter!

mitchkramez
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Postby mitchkramez » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:24 pm

That's pretty much exactly what mine did, other than the tv would turn off after the solid light was on for 5 seconds. I'm not sure what that red light is, but mine has the same thing and it's actually inside the inputs cage if you open it up.

I didn't have any fans, nothing made any noise, but as soon as those bad caps were replaced it came right on...

Return to “RCA Discussion”