HD44LPW62 off-center picture

Moderator: Angel

Forum rules
umngopher

HD44LPW62 off-center picture

Postby umngopher » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:40 pm

I took my set to a repair center recommended by RCA's warranty people. The guy was incompetent and rude, but replaced the Light Engine of the set. When I got it back (6 weeks later), there was a .5 inch vertical black stripe on the left side of the screen. I tried to get the repair guy to take the set back and fix it again, but he refused. Now my warranty is expired and no other repair people will touch it since the first guy already tried.

The light engine, color wheel, and picture seem to be in perfect order. I do not have any buzzing, humming or start-up problems with the set. The picture is high quality in the places where it hits the screen.

This is what I have tried:
I used the TV's menu to try and position the picture further to the left. You can see where the edge of the image is and where it should overtake the vertical stripe. Unfortunately, the image does not hit that portion of the screen.

I took the whole set apart, looking for any obstructions in the light tunnel, but I can't seem to find anything physically blocking the light path.

Is this something I just have to live with?? What kinds of things can I try to reposition or re-aim the picture?

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: HD44LPW62 off-center picture

Postby Jason1976 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:28 am

to me it sounds like the dmd board isn't alined currectly. need to loose the screws in it and move it slowly ether use a mirror to look into or have someone in front of the tv to tell you if it gets better or worse. well since it was fixed under warranty and the repair shop messed it up. call RCA and bitch them out. bitching works wonders.

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: HD44LPW62 off-center picture

Postby Jason1976 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:30 am

oh i forgot to say you should be able to ajust it also in the service menu. but i am not sure how to access the service menu on an RCA since I don't normaly work on RCA. I am used to samsung.

Return to “RCA Discussion”